Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today's Scripture [1-31-13]

   And the LORD appeared unto him [Abraham]
in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door
in the heat of the day;
   And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo,
three men stood by him: and when he saw them,
he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bow-
ed himself toward the ground, . . .
   And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy
wife? and he said, Behold, in the tent.
   And He said, I will certainly return unto thee
according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy
wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the
tent door, which was behind him.
   Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well
stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah
after the manner of women.
   Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, say-
ing, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure,
my lord being old also?
   And the LORD said unto Abraham, Where-
fore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety
bear a child, which am old?
   Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the
time appointed I will return unto thee, according
to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
   Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for
she was afraid. And He said, Nay; but thou didst
laugh.

                   ~ Genesis 18:1,2, 9-15 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment