Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Today's Scripture [1-29-13]

   Now Sarai, Abram's wife, bare him no child-
ren: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian,
whose name was Hagar.
   And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the
LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray
thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may
obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened
to the voice of Sarai.
   And Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her
maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten
years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her
husband Abram to be his wife.
   And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived:
and when she saw that she had conceived, her
mistress was despised in her eyes.
   And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be up-
on thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom;
and when she saw that she had conceived, I was
despised in her eyes: the LORD judge between
me and thee.
   But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid
is in thy hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And
when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from
her face.
   And the angel of the LORD found her by a
fountain of water in the wilderness, . . .
   And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence
camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And
she said, I flee from the face of my mistress
Sarai.
   And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Re-
turn to thy mistress, and submit thyself under
her hands.
   And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I
will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall
not be numbered for multitude.
   And the angel of the LORD said unto her,
Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a
son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because
the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
   And he will be a wild man; his hand will be
against every man, and every man's hand a-
gainst him; and he shall dwell in the presence
of all his brethren. . .
   And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram
called his son's name, which Hagar bare,
Ishmael.
   And Abram was fourscore and six years old,
when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.
  
              ~ Genesis 16:1-12, 15,16 KJV
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment