Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This Is My Father's World

"The world is Mine, and all that is in it." Psalm 50:12

This is my Father's world, And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world, The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world: He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world, O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world: The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied, And earth and heav'n be one.

--Maltbie D. Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment