Friday, December 11, 2009

Blind

Knowing this first: that scoffers will come
in the last days, walking according to their
own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise
of His coming? For since the fathers fell a-
sleep, all things continue as they were from
the beginning of creation."

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing,
that with the Lord one day is as a thousand
years, and a thousand years as one day. The
Lord is not slack concerning His promise,
as some count slackness, but is longsuffering
toward us, not willing that any should perish
but that all should come to repentance.
--2 Peter 3:3-4,8-9

BLIND

"Show me your God!" the doubter cries.
I point him to the smiling skies;
I show him all the woodland greens;
I show him peaceful sylvan scenes;
I show him winter snows and frost;
I show him waters tempest-tossed;
I show him hills rock-ribbed and strong;
I bid him hear the thrush's song;
I show him flowers in the close--
The lily, violet and rose;
I show him rivers, babbling streams;
I show him youthful hopes and dreams;
I show him maids with eager hearts;
I show him toilers in the marts;
I show him stars, the moon, the sun;
I show him deeds of kindness done;
I show him joy; I show him care,
And still he holds his doubting air,
and faithfless goes his way, for he
Is blind of soul, and cannot see!

--John Kendrick Bangs

But even if our gospel is veiled, it
is veiled to those who are perishing,
whose minds the god of this age has
blinded, who do not believe, lest the
light of the gospel of the glory of
Christ, who is the image of God,
should shine on them."

--2 Corinthians 4:3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment