Monday, March 18, 2013

One Wish of God

If God would grant me just one wish
   To be enjoyed through life,
I would not ask for wealth or power
   Or comforts, without strife.
I would but ask He touch my heart
   And fill it--for this while--
With just the simple loves I knew
   When I was just a child.

The kind of loves that made each day
   A blessing to behold
And filled my heart with trust and faith
   In Him and human fold,
And this is all that I would ask--
   To make my life sublime:
To live with just this kind of love
   That, once, was yours and mine.

My aging years have proven, well,
   The noblest gift on earth
Is not some gift we take from life
   Of selfish, private worth.
It's what we carry in our hearts
   To share and give away,
Such as the loves we knew--and grew--
   Within our childhood days.

                       ~ Michael Dubina    

No comments:

Post a Comment